Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Astros Game 2

We had tickets to our second Astros game last night. They had the roof open, and it was so nice outside. I'll tell you that I think that's been the most comfortable game I've been to at Minute Maid! I'm usually HOT even with the A/C on!

Anyway, we had a great time. Before the game, this really nice guy came up to Paul David and gave him a baseball. He had four of them in his glove, so Paul asked him if he'd been "shagging" homerun balls during batting practice...sure enough! Paul David has COVETED this basebal. He held it through most of the game, on the ride home, during our walk this morning, and as I write this is carrying it around the living room!

Paul David's buddy, William (and his Mommy and Daddy) came to the game with us! When Paul David saw him, he ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug! It was adorable!


Our two Astros Fans!

In case you don't know, I have this book I'm making of each game Paul David goes to. I have a place for the ticket stub (that I laminate) and one picture. If someone goes with us, I try to get a picture of them together. If not, I try to get Paul David with something in the stadium. It makes going to the game a little more interesting because you never know what you're going to get with Paul David. My plan is to never tell him about this and surprise him with the book when he leaves home...or when we go on our tour of all the ballparks after his High School graduation...wouldn't that be the COOLEST thing EVER!

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh that William is a cutie too!

What an awesome idea for a scrapbook! He'll love it!

dorbritz said...

Yes, Love the idea for the scrapbook! Why can't I do things like that for my kiddos?!