Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cookie Time


 On Friday, the 14th, I decided to take the day and make cookies!  I had already made some and froze them, but I needed a lot more to get us through Christmas!  I started baking them around 8 in the morning, and my mom arrived about 10:45.  At that point I had them all baked and ready to ice!  

This year, I decided to make a TON because I usually run out and am having to hoard a few to leave for Santa!  I also decided to just cover my whole table with Butcher Paper!  It worked beautifully!


 On Tuesday, I learned that those super fancy cookies that look like pieces of artwork are painted. Of course, they use a thin glaze, but I decided to try to painting mine with a foam brush and cream cheese frosting!  IT WORKED!!!  My mom helped me paint most of them, then I used a tip to "decorate" them!  So fun and pretty!
 My mom lost count at 200...
But we had plenty for all our neighbors, teachers, my parents house, our Milk and Cookies Party, Santa, Christmas Dinner, and still a few to snack on until I throw them out on Jan 1!