Last week, we got a special package in the mail from Preston...Flat Stanley! I remember our first graders doing this project when I taught. The kids color this Flat Stanley and send it to someone. That someone documents Flat Stanley's travels in their city! Needless to say, I had a really fun time with this!
The first night, he went to Paul David's T-ball game:

He even got to sit in the dug out:

The next day, he went to the zoo with us:

I asked Judson to show Flat Stanley the giraffes, and he did this...


They even let him ride the train with us:

The next night, he went to the Astros Game with us!




To finish off Flat Stanley's visit, he got to be reunited with his creator! Stanley didn't get to swim, but he watched from the deck:)
We tried to show Flat Stanley a good time and tell him and the kids at Preston's school a little about our city!
2 comments:
I LOVE Flat Stanley! I think every child should get to do this!!! Sounds like Stanley had a blast in Houston!
Man, if Flat Stanley visited our house, he'd be boooorrrreeed! Glad ya'll showed him a good time. :)
Post a Comment