Day 4 brings another pair of Train PJ's. I found these on clearance at Dillard's last year, so he's been wearing them all year. It's a good thing he's gotten some wear out of them because before long, they'll be too little for him. I won't miss them because they get static cling so bad!!! I guess it's the material they're made out of.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got ambitious this morning and decided to make Christmas Cookies! I also decided to get Paul David to help me cut out the cookies. At first, I thought, "OH NO, I should have done most of them, then called him over for the last few" since this was really just going to be for the pictures, right? He wouldn't let me do anything. He finally figured it all out though, and we had a BLAST! All I know is, we're going to be making a lot of cookies around here. HE LOVED IT! He did so well putting the cutters on the dough and pressing on them.
So cute!

I think I've decided he's not my child! I told him he could eat the dough, since that's one of my favorite parts of making cookies. He took a nibble and didn't eat anymore the whole time...WHAT? I was astounded...I LOVE cookie dough so much!!!
My love for it reminded me of this story:
Back in the day, my sister and I got a new TV and Nintendo (the first one) for Christmas. I think we were in Junior High, maybe. Anyway, during Christmas break that year, we would make up this big batch of sugar cookie dough. Then, we would start playing Super Mario Brothers. I think April was always Mario and I was Luigi or the other way around...I don't remember, but it's not vital to the story. Anyway, while we were playing we would eat that cookie dough right off the spoon. We'd leave it in the fridge, the when we'd die, we'd go refill our spoon. I do believe it snowed/sleeted that year, so we got extra days at home, too! I'm pretty sure this contributed to the weight problems I have today. Oh, it was good though. We never did have dough that we actually baked...it's a wonder we never got sick!
OK, back to Paul David! He loved the roller, too. I think I may have to pull that thing out and let him play with it while I'm cooking dinner some nights! In the picture below, you can see how much fun he had by how much flour he got on his shirt!

Finally, the cookies were done.
He chose the star to eat, then walked around the house putting it in the air singing, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star!"
Oh, he's so stinking cute!

7 comments:
OH I'd love to be able to join you!
You can tell by the pictures that Paul David had fun! Yeah!
Oh yes! We'd like a star, a stocking, a tree, a snowman....
Aunt Patricia, Uncle JT, and Susanna
He is stinking cute, you're right! I've decided I'm going to live vicariously through you for Christmas decorations, cookie making, PJs, etc. You guys look like you're having so much fun!
Your cookies turned out great! Maybe I need Paul David's help next time I make cookies!
Yes, we'll join you! We'll be right there! I wish. Bring us some you little stinking cute cookie! Can't wait to see you! Love you, Nana and Papa
How cute!
How CUTE!! Good job Paul David. But I am a little concerned about you not liking the cookie dough. That's the best part!! I love you sweet boy!!
Post a Comment