Once again, I've gotten far behind on my ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY, and I forgot to bring my calendar with me. There's really not a ton of time to be on the computer around here, so I probably wouldn't have gotten it done anyway! Be looking for another catch up post on that!
So what's been going on here the last two days?
- Yesterday, when we got here, Nana and Papa were at the Land. Papa was fishing on the bank of the pond...or river if you're Preston. He caught a fish just as we got there, and Paul David thought it was the best thing ever! He caught another one while we were there, too. They were these little bitty perch, poor things!
- Last night, Mother, April and I stayed up until 12:30 making Kendall's cake...well, Mother was making Kendall's cake. We had a great time just sitting around visiting though. It was nice to talk to them without having to get up every 5 minutes to check on someone!
- Paul David and I slept until 8:40 this morning...unheard of here or at home! It was so nice to sleep in.
- Today on the way to Kendall's party, Mother's transmission started going out...UGH!
- Kendall's party was a Bouncy good time. It was at a gymnastics place, and it had SIX trampolines in the floor, plus two runway looking trampolines. Then there was a rock climb with a foam pit under it. Then on top of all that, there were 5-6 Blow up thingies. It was so cool, and Paul David finally warmed up to the trampolines and had a blast!
- After lunch at Mama/Shay's, Mother was taking a watermelon rind to the pasture, and saw a 7 inch snake on the steps. AAAHHH! Daddy's kill #1 for the day. It wasn't moving, so they think the cat may have been playing with it. Daddy just stepped on it's head and killed it.
- Daddy's bought a flat bottomed boat and all the kid's a fishing rod, so they spent sometime tonight in the boat with their rods pretending to fish. Preston's really good at casting his...better than me for sure! We're going to try to take them fishing tomorrow!
- After dinner tonight, April and the kids were leaving, so we all went outside with them. I saw a big mound of dirt by the driveway and thought it was an ant hill. I started walking out towards it and saw the dirt move. Then, I saw the gopher head stick out and go back in. So we all just sat and watched, but didn't see much of it. After April had left, my dad did a Gopher Watch, and waited for it to come out. Yes, kill #2 for the night! It's been a big day on the Varmint front around here!
So I think those were the highlights! I'll try to post more the rest of the week...of course, it's all more for me, so I'll remember what all happened while we were here!
1 comment:
Did your dad step on the gopher's head too? Sounds like you're having fun, other than all the dead animals!
Post a Comment