Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Week is almost over :(

It's amazing how fast time goes when you're away from home! We have had the best week up here, and I can't believe it's almost over. The weather was one of my main concerns when I thought of coming to stay here for the week. It gets so hot up here, and most of our time is spent outside. Well, when we got here last Friday, it was nice outside when we were sitting out there playing. Then the weekend was unseasonably cooler than normal and overcast, so it made spending time outside enjoyable. Then the rain came in, and it's been rainy most of the week! Really, the heat has not been a factor! YAY!

Here are some more highlights and observations from the week:

  • Aunt Patricia and Uncle J.T. braved the rain and came to see us Wednesday! We had a great visit with them, and I think they enjoyed watching the kid's antics! Kendall mostly played like she was sleeping, and Paul David stayed in my lap most of the time. Preston on the other hand put on a show for them! Kendall gets surprisingly shy when someone other than one of us comes in the door!
  • I think I've watched Barney and the Egg a bazillion times, but still don't really know what it's about! I did figure out that the title is actually Barney's Great Adventure! I think I like Kendall's title better!
  • I have been in a Wal-Mart everyday for the past 5 days! I may just have to walk in the front door and walk out today not to break my streak!
  • I can't wait to download my pictures to share with you guys! I've been getting some good ones, and hate that you can't see them. Soon, very soon! April does have some up on her blog, so you can hop over there and get a peek!
  • There are two ways to go to my parent's shop where they work, through "town" or the back way! So the other morning I was driving and I asked which way I should go. My mom said that she usually goes through town...that way Kendall can see McDonald's and Chuck E Cheese! I just laughed out loud! So as we were going down the loop, sure enough, Kendall points and says, "McDonalds!" Then, spots Chuck E Cheese! So, so cute! So yesterday, we were on our way to Wal-Mart with just Paul David (Preston and Kendall had stayed with their daddy), and we pass Chuck E Cheese! Paul David says, "Cheese!" and when we passed it, he starts crying and kicking his feet! How do they know these things? It just cracks me up...he's learning so much from Preston and Kendall!
  • I have really enjoyed seeing my parents as Nana and Papa this time for some reason! You can so tell that being Nana and Papa is the best thing that ever happened to them! It's just so cool to see my dad come in the door, and three little ones run to him saying, "Hi, Papa!" You know he's just loving it! Then, when Nana does something, Preston and Kendall say, "Thank you, Nana!" and Paul David will say, "Good Job, Nana!" Just melts your heart! This morning when Paul David woke up, he ran right into the bathroom and said, "Hi Nana!" Then, later, he stood on the porch waving to Papa as he left saying, "Bye, Bye Papa!" So sweet!
  • Kind of on that same note, Paul David has really started saying "Shay" and "J.T." Those are my grandparents, and they live right up the road from my parents. You can see their house from my parents back door. Anyway, the other night Mother and I went for a walk with Paul David in the stroller. Everytime we started up the hill towards Shay's house, Paul David would say, "Hi Shay! I anna see Shay!" and just cry when we passed on by! I know he's finally figuring out how all these people fit together!
  • Paul comes home tonight! He's been in NYC this week working, and we've really been missing him! Paul David sees his picture here at the house and says, "Daddy, Daddy!" I know he misses him so much...I know I do! Poor thing probably won't get to see him until tomorrow though!
  • Paul David was just walking around the living room saying, "Shay...J.T....Shay...J.T." How funny!

So, that's all I can think of for now! I'm going to go feed him some lunch now! I may not post again until Monday...things tend to get pretty crazy around here on the weekends!

No comments: