ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---August 2nd
1974-My parents were married...AWWW! So that's 34 years of marriage...it seems so long, but I've been around for most of them, and when I look at it that way, it seems like such a little time. Then, when I think about Paul and I being married for 34 years, I it seems so far away!
So, my mom came down on Friday to go with Sarah and me to the Beth Moore Simulcast. My dad didn't come with her because he had to work yesterday. We were also gone this morning to it, and when we drove up to Sarah's house, there was a big truck parked on the street! I said, "Is that Daddy?" It was! He had come down to be here for their anniversary! Isn't that sweet? Mother actually knew he was coming, but he wanted to surprise me! Isn't that even sweeter?
So we've been having fun celebrating Mother's Birthday, and now their anniversary! Paul smoked ribs, a brisket, and a chicken today. We swam to beat the 98 degree heat, and just enjoyed being together!
1 comment:
How fun! Your dad is so sweet!
Post a Comment