- First, on the way home from work Monday, Preston exclaims from the far backseat that he needs to go pee-pee...NOW! He had just finished his rainbow snow cone, and Mother is holding the cup (she's tucked in the middle seat between the two honking big carseats). Mother says, kind of jokingly I think, "Do you want to go in this cup?" "YES!" we hear! He did it...he pee-peed in the cup...it was a first, and we were all so proud...except April...I think it kind of grossed her out! Her biggest concern was what was going to happen if he filled up the cup! Somehow, I end up holding the Cup-O-PeePee, and April was determined to hit every bump! As soon as it was all over, I said that this will definately make the blog!
- Preston and Kendall are a lot like their mommy...they don't eat much. April didn't eat much as a child, and her kids are following suit! It's just so funny because I'm so used to Paul David and how much he eats, and Preston can just survive all day on 2 pieces of cheese and a 100 calorie bag of popcorn! That would just make Paul David mad! He usually eats all of his, then starts on Kendall's!
- We HAVE to get a train table...Paul David has played for HOURS with the train tracks...never even stopping to find me. I NEED a train table!
- Yesterday, we went to Kid's Station with Krystal and her kiddos! I took all 3 of these kiddos over there. Kendall really didn't want to go! "I stay with Nana!" she kept saying until Nana told her that there were going to be balls there. In the car she went! We got there, and of course, it starts pouring rain! So, I went around and unbuckled Kendall and told her to stand over by Paul David's seat...she's so good, she actually will do things you ask her to do! Then I opened the back hatch to let Preston out. I got him across the little drive to stand by the door of the place while I got the babies. Don't worry, I kept one eye on him the whole time, and he wasn't very far away...this parking lot of pretty small! So I get the babies out of Paul David's side, put my backpack on my back, hold both their hands in one of my hands and the umbrella in the other. I'm sure we were a sight! They had so much fun though, and thankfully, the toddler area is enclosed with a door, so Krystal and I were able to visit and watch the three babies while the big kids did who knows what! The we did it all again when we left except Preston just came with us and climbed in the back first! So, now I know I could handle a set of twin 2 year olds and a 4 year old...let's hope that's not a sign!
- We went to Preston and Kendall's last night for a sleepover that turned into just an "over." We got there and played, then took baths, and everyone went off to go to bed. I laid down with Paul David around 8:15...at 9:15, he was still awake. So we got up and went into the living room to watch Tori and Dean with April. I thought he'd for sure go to sleep when we went to bed. Well, at 10, we all three laid down, and Paul David would not be still or be quiet or quit touching my face. I finally got up around 10:45, and apologized to April and said that we were going to go back to Nana's so she could get some sleep! So, no sleep at our sleep over!
- Here's the thing I've learned the most about Kendall...the girl can SING! She sings all the time...especially when she's going to sleep. It is the cutest thing ever! She sings really LOUD too, which makes it all the cuter. So far, I've heard her sing "The Barney Song" (I love you, You love Me), "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Jesus Loves Me", and today I taught her "Rain, Rain, Go Away!" (I thought I'd taught her, but April said they were singing it on the way to Nana's this morning...oh well!)
- Here's the thing I've learned the most about Preston...he's hands down the best napper! This child went and laid down today before anyone had even said that it was time. He just decided that he was tired. He'll sleep for 3 hours, too, if a baby doesn't make tons of noise to wake him. It has to be tons of noise, too, because he'll sleep through just about everything!
- Here's something I learned from Mother...those little Dole Apple Cinnamon Parfait things are so good mixed in regular oatmeal. I love new ways to eat oatmeal!
- Here's something I've learned about Daddy...he "hearts" the Olympics! He is so funny because he watches it every night. He's getting tired of the gymnastics but other than that he's really into it! So Paul, I guess that is where I get my fondness for watching the Olympics!
I know there's tons I'm forgetting to write about, but maybe I'll remember them another day!
1 comment:
sounds like y'all are having so much fun as usual...we got clk a train set at Target the other day for her bday and I can't wait to give it to her - it is circo brand and was very reasonable
Post a Comment