On This Day in History-May 26 (I know it was yesterday, but I forgot!)
1994- Fourteen (OMG) years ago, the class of 94 walked the gym floor for the last and final time! For me, it was so hard. I loved going to school and being with my friends, but as with most difficult situations, good things were on their way! Our graduation was one for the record books...or maybe the rule books! Our class was something special! We had all gotten together and decided to do something a little different during graduation. We all, okay not all but most, wore or wrote something on their cap to symbolize ourselves. I wore a sunflower, Amanda wrote "We Made It," someone had a rodeo scene, another had a baseball scene, etc. It was great, but unfortunately, the next year's class were unable to receive their caps until right before they walked in the door! Oh, well! I have to say that I had the best time in High School, and at our 10 year reunion, we all enjoyed being back together! I look forward to our 15 year Homecoming Reunion we're planning!
Notice in the class picture that a lot of caps are missing...they were the ones with full scenes on them! They put them on right before we walked out!
Look at how different my mom looks! Wow, those glasses were so 90's!
I want to end with this:
I was reading Ecclesiastes a couple of weeks ago, and this blog reminded me of a verse I had read and written down (probably wrote it down to remember it for this blog!):
"Don't long for "the good old days," for you don't know
whether they were any better than today.
Ecclesiastes 7:10
New Living Translation
Those were good times, but my times today are much, much better!
5 comments:
Love your post! You enjoyed high school so much more than me...I hated school and am SOOOOOOOO happy not to ever have to go back there. :)
I've been waiting for this one! I couldn't remember exactly what day we graduated. I can always count on you! I'll never forget how hard you cried that last day and on graduation! I felt so bad for you. We were so silly to think the best days were over. So glad we're still friends!
I think mother gets the honor of "Most Changed".
April
I thought I posted this yesterday! I said, TAKE THAT PICTURE OFF RIGHT NOW!!! DON'T BE TELLING PEOPLE THAT IS ME!!! I DO NOT LOOK THAT THAT!!!
REMOVE MY PICTURE PLEASE. I dont remember wearing a cap and gown oh never mind thats me on the left.Your Daddy
Post a Comment