Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blueberry Picking with Paul David

 On Saturday night, I asked Paul David if he wanted to get up super early and go pick blueberries with us.  He was all about it!  Paul David has always been a huge blueberry eater! He'll even eat them slightly thawed from the freezer!  He's just crazy about them!  I had him just sleep in his clothes, then I went and got him up at 5:45.  He jumped right up and was super excited!!!

We made it to the Blueberry Farm around 6:35, and he was ready to get his bucket and start picking!


 He started picking immediately, and we didn't even need to tell him which ones to pick.  He said, "I know that I only pick the blue ones, Mommy, not the red ones!" 


 We knew we probably wouldn't get as many as we had last week (we got 10 pounds) because we didn't think he'd let us stay as long.  He did great though, and we ended up staying about the same time (a little over an hour).  We only got about 5 pounds though.  There just weren't as many ripe ones.  

So, about an hour into it, Paul David says, "Hey, are you guys done picking because I'm done eating!" HA!  Yes, for the most part, he really just ate them.  He barely had the bottom of his bucket covered.  

Then, later I hear, "Hey Mommy, watch this!"

OH, NO I thought, what's he doing?

Well, he was doing this:
Eating the berries straight off the bushes!  

It was hilarious!!!

He's already talking about going back!  
We really have to limit his blueberry intake around this time of the year!  
He'd live on those things if we let him!

1 comment:

The Pences said...

James loves them too. :)
We have GOT to go picking!