Friday, November 19, 2010

OSU vs. Texas Game

Saturday afternoon, we headed to the parking garage and then to the stadium. The crowds at the tailgates were light...not like Longhorn tailgates at all. Usually the streets are packed...guess there's a lot of fair weather fans around!




I was in charge of the camera for this game, so there's more of us than the game:)

Look, FALL...Austin has fall! Paul David, get your picture made with Fall!!!

Paul David with Smokey the Cannon, which I cut off most of:

Us with the waterfall and tower in the distance...taken by some OSU fans:

In our seats...see how empty they were...it was only like an hour before the game started.

He was taking it all in:

The hotel had suckers at the front desk, so we grabbed a couple for them for the game!

Me and My Little Guy...we were on TV, too. Aunt Cindy called me on Sunday to tell me that she'd seen Paul David and me on the TV during the game! AWESOME!!!

The Texas Flag being twirled:

This flag is HUGE:

The players running down the field and through the smoke...Paul David's favorite part:

The game was HORRIBLE. They just keep getting worse and worse. Hopefully, this is just a thing for this year, and the next will be better.

We were talking about this on the way out of the stadium Saturday night. Every game that the Longhorns win, they light the top of the tower orange. When we walk out of the stadium, the tower is right in front of us. Paul David was asking why the tower wasn't orange, and we were explaining to him that they had lost, so they don't turn the tower orange for losses...just wins. I told Paul that this was a new thing for Paul David because all the years we've been coming, the Longhorns had never lost a game that he'd been to until the Iowa State game we were at in October. Paul said that the Iowa State game was probably the first time he'd been at a game that they'd lost at home, too. All through going to school there, then all the times we'd been back, and since we'd had our season tickets. It's bad...really bad.

2 comments:

The Pences said...

Well, I'm sad the game was bad for you guys, but my dad's a Sooner, so I have to be a little happy. :) Sounds like a fun trip anyway!!

Unknown said...

I always wondered if you guys would make a cameo on TV and I hoped I would catch it...Boo Hoo I missed it, but Yippie you made it!!!