Monday, November 8, 2010

Homework

Paul David had "homework" this week. It was a turkey that we had to decorate to make our Family Turkey. The directions said to make it reflect your family some way, but would disguise the turkey so that he wouldn't get eaten on Thanksgiving.

Paul David and I talked about a couple of days...translated, I racked my brain about how to decorate it, then I threw out my idea and Paul David thought it was good:) I knew though that I wanted it to look like he'd done it...which was HARD for me. It doesn't look like he did very much at all and that makes me kind of sad, but he did do all the coloring and gluing (with a little bit of influence from me on where and which way to position some items!)

First, though, he colored it. His coloring cracks me up. It's getting better, but so funny. He colors things the right color, but will only color a little bit of it. He wanted the turkey's eyes to be RED even though I suggested real eye colors...I was able to let that go:



I really thought he did awesome!!! I did cut it out...cheated there a little, and in the end it wouldn't have mattered if he'd cut it out and it had looked crazy...mommy lesson learned:

Then, he started gluing on the parts:

The finished Family Turkey Project:

Turkey is ready for the Thanksgiving Day Game:

I got a new cartridge for my Cricut machine, so that's where the parts came from...it cut them all out for me with the touch of a button:) So easy!

It put me in the Thanksgiving mood!!!!!
Bring on the Turkey!!!

4 comments:

Nana said...

That is so cute!! I think you captured your family perfectly! But you better watch those Aggies, don't let 'em gobble you up!

The Pences said...

Sadly, Joanna's mother has waited until the last minute for her homework. :) So it's still sitting on the kitchen counter, looking like a turkey. We'll get it done... but I really don't have any super cute ideas yet. Love the football player turkey!

dorbritz said...

LOVE IT!

Mrs. H said...

OOOOHHHHH too cute!