Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Judson's Tubes

We got to the Surgical Center at 7:15 this morning. Judson never made a fuss all the way down there...which surprised me since he hadn't eaten since 11:30 last night! They immediately got our information and took us up to get ready! We met with everyone, and they were IN LOVE with our Judson! They were fighting over who was going to take him back! The doctor got there about 8:15, and they were ready! Judson didn't even cry when they took him back. They took us to the waiting room, and we waited maybe 10 minutes before Dr. Raynor came out to tell us that he did great and everything went fine!

In about 5 more minutes, a nurse came and got us and I could hear poor Judson screaming! That anesthesia is something else! He was crying and writhing and just overall CRANKY! He was like that until they brought the other little girl in who was crying, then he stopped crying for about 5 minutes. He drank about 5 ounces of Apple Juice and did fine with that! At about 9:00, they told us that we could leave, and when I stood up, he calmed down a lot! He fussed off and on for about 10 minutes in the car, then fell asleep until we pulled in the driveway! So sweet!

When we got in the house, he sat on me for a minute, then got down and played a little. He got back in my lap and was fussing some more so I fixed him a 4 ounce bottle. He ate some of it, then got back down. He was pulled up on the end table and fell...they said he might be a little unsteady on his feet. The bottle comforted him, and he ate it all. He was crying for more, so I fixed him 4 more ounces. He drank them all. He got back down and played forever! He even ate some Cheerios at lunch. At around 12:45, I finally laid him down for a nap...it's 2:15, and he's still sleeping!

I can't believe how well this went! I expected at least some vomit:) He already seems to feel a lot better...we shall see!

The doctor asked if we had any questions...mine was:

Can we go outside now????

YES, she said...do whatever you want!

I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad it went ok! I didnt' think they could do anything at the dr's office that quick! seems like everything I go for takes forever.
Susanna

dorbritz said...

I'm glad everything is ok. Sweet Boy!