I have been saying for awhile that I was going to try to take Paul David to the dentist soon, but I never would get around to it. I really wanted to get him established and get him comfortable with going before we had to do anything major because of the thumb sucking!When I saw that my friend Jessica had taken her little girl Joanna the other day, I got inspired! I got the info from her and called. Luck would have it that they could see him the next day...today! Jessica was so sweet and kept Judson for me so that I could take pictures and be on hand in case of disaster!
One thing we've found out with Paul David is that kids are a crap shoot when it comes to events (and eating). You really never know what you're going to get!
Today, at the dentist, I got the Best Behaved 3 Year Old EVER! He tuned up once, but only for a second!
The first thing Hygienist Emily did was have him pick out some sunglasses to protect him from the glaring light.

Then she laid the chair back, put on the bib, and asked him to keep his hands down by his tummy...AND HE DID IT!!!!!
Notice that the sunglasses are upside down:
She also rinsed his mouth and had him "kiss" the crazy straw that sucked out all the water!And here are his pearly whites!!!!

I'm still floored that he did so well!
The Dentist said that his spacing between his teeth was good (less cavities that way...yay!) He said that we'd talk about the thumb sucking in 6 months since we'd just started with the potty training thing. I was glad that he even said, "Oh, yeah, one thing at a time!" He said his teeth are fine though, but I notice the top left ones are shorter than the others!
He's ready to go back and has been talking about it all afternoon! So glad we did it!
Thanks again Jessica for watching Judson!


No comments:
Post a Comment