Saturday, January 3, 2009

Training Him Early...

For the past couple of weeks, Paul David's been helping me unload the silverware from the dishwasher. It is so helpful (I don't have to bend over 20 times to get it) and sweet ( I call out, "Paul David, will you help me unload the silverware?" and he always replies, "Okay, Mommy!") I'm sure it won't last forever, but for now, I'm LOVING it!




Of course, here's what the drawer looks like when he's done...but I don't care in the least! I'm not sure anyone will want to use our silverware now since they've seen his hands all over it:)

I FINALLY went and picked up Paul David's tile for this year! I love it!

I tried to paint the tile blue and then do his footprint in white, but my friend who owns the place said that she was afraid it wouldn't look so good. She said they always do snowmen in blue, and I'm so glad that she suggested it...it turned out great!
All our Christmas decorations are put away, and I think Paul David is really going to miss it. Last night, he was looking inside some of the boxes I had packed and was saying, "Bye, Bye Ho Ho!" Everything Christmas is still Ho Ho! We're already thinking that he's going to have the best time next year when we get it all back out! I can't wait!

3 comments:

The Pences said...

LOVE the tile! So cute!
Joanna's a pretty big helper in the kitchen too. I need to find more ways for her to be involved and help me out -- she loves it!

Nana said...

That is so sweet! Mommy's little helper. The tile turned out great! I love it, too. I also enjoyed the video. He was so excited. Christmas will just keep getting better!

dorbritz said...

I love the tile! Too cute.