
We went for our BIG ultrasound today. She didn't say that anything was wrong, so we're assuming all looks okay. She said the baby is measuring 18 weeks 6 days and was a little over half a pound. The heartrate was 139. At my 11 week ultrasound, it was 172. The first time, the baby was very active, today, she had to jiggle my belly a few times, so maybe Baby was sleeping...I don't know! I just thought I'd throw that out there in case someone liked to think they could guess the gender by the heartrate!
I didn't think these pictures were a great as I remember Paul David's being, but she was more informative than other technicians I've had in the past. The other one didn't say much unless you asked a question. Today, she told me about every part she looked at!
I got back next Friday to see my doctor, and she'll probably talk more about it.
These first two (above and below) are of the face. The baby looks more like an alien. The face is on the right side of the screen. You can really see the eye sockets and the brain. Also, on the one above, you can see that black spot in the abdomen...that's the heart!



6 comments:
I am not going to guess from the heartrate. I just knew Peyton was a girl because his heartrate was almost the exact same everytime it was checked at the same point in the pregnancy as Haylea. So, for me the heartrate just meant a beautiful, healthy baby, which is exactly what we want for your little one.
Jaime
Boy! No, girl! Wait, boy! Maybe girl? I have no idea. I'm with Jaime - healthy baby!!!
Well, he/she looks precious! I think he/she is going to have Paul David's beautiful curly hair :)
Candice I want to say girl, but I still sometimes think boy...I need more time!
But healthy is what we all want! Your baby is gorgeous though which ever it might be!
All I know is I saw this post say the "BIG ultrasound" so I was scrolling down immediately to see if it was a boy or girl, then I got to the bottom and was thinking, "Wait a minute?!? Did I miss it?" THEN I remembered, you're not finding out. Ahhhh! Next time, tell them to write it on a piece of paper then give it to me, so I'll at least know :)
I'm guessing boy...I don't know why. But I must agree healthy baby is what we want.
Post a Comment