Thursday, February 11, 2010

Judson Meets the Step


I have so many stories to tell, but my days go by so quickly that I just run out of time to write them all down! Here's one cute one about Paul David though...
Some background knowledge first:
Paul works a lot with a guy named Kevin.
When he comes home in the evenings, he empties his pockets on the bar.
He leaves every morning through the laundry room.
Paul kisses us all hello when he gets home from work.
We eat at Chuy's a lot:)
Paul likes to talk to me when he comes home (much to the dismay of Paul David...even when he was 2 weeks old!)

So, the other day, Paul David comes through and puts on his bike helmet and starts riding his tricycle around the dining room. He says, "I'm going to work like Daddy!" (Paul doesn't ride a tricycle to work though). Anyway, he rides over to the laundry room, gets off and goes and sits in there. I asked him what's he's doing..."I'm in my office!" (I guess since that's where Paul leaves through when he goes to work?)
So he gets back on and rides some more...then he says, "I'm HOME...come give me a hug and a kiss!" So I do. He goes and puts some money he had in his pockets on the bar and says, "Come sit on the couch and talk to me!" I just laughed and sat down. Here's the rest of the conversation:

Me: What did you do at work?
PD: I work with Kebin.
Me: Oh, did you and Kevin have lunch?
PD: Yeah...we ate at Chuy's.
Me: YUM...what else did you do today?
PD: Oh, I just work.

It was priceless.

So on to Judson. I sat him down in the floor the other day with a big basket of toys...his toys.
I look over and he's doing this:
That's a mini M&M container...I guess Paul David put it in there. All those toys, and that's what he picks to play with/eat on! Really, do we even need toys, people!

Another observation that I've made is that Judson LOVES to get to Paul David's toys and "play" with them...by play, I mean eat them.
Paul David is having a ball playing with all of Judson's baby toys! CRAZY!

So, since Judson's been crawling EVERYWHERE, he's been trying to conquer this little step up we have between the living room and dining room. It's been funny to watch.






He did it finally! For awhile he would make it over there, then just cry because he was so frustrated. Now, he really is EVERYWHERE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh.... now that the dreaded step is mastered, there's no stopping him now! Love the Paul David going to work story. They're so sweet! P.S. Thanks for the pictures via the mail.
Love, Aunt Patricia/Uncle JT

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Judson is getting to be such a good crawler! It is so neat to watch when the kids learn something new! Adorable!

dorbritz said...

Too funny! Love teh work story!

Way to go, Judson...There's no stopping you, now!