Friday, February 19, 2010

My Blog Book

I've been looking for awhile for a site that would print my blog into a book. I tried one site...blurb.com, I think, but when I created the book, I wasn't very happy with what I saw. The pictures were all to one side, so the captions were no where near the picture. I figured out how to fix it, but it would have taken me years to get it all done.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I saw on another blog that they'd had their blog put into a book (I totally don't remember where I saw it). I went over and tried it out. I'm not kidding that it took 5 minutes to create the book. The layout was so much better...not all the captions are with the pictures, but I was really happy with it. I showed it to Paul, and he agreed that it was worth a shot.

Our book is 220 pages with August 2007-December 2008---I only blogged about 2 months in 2007 and then didn't start back up until March 2008...roughly a year. It cost $94.95 for our book (I'm not sure, but I think that's based on the number of pages). It's 8 1/2 X 11 inches with a hard cover.

You get to pick a color or design for the cover. You also get to write a forward, and there's a table of contents. You can go through and delete posts if you'd like and include comments. I didn't delete any or include comments in ours.

Here's the cover...I chose the first picture from my first blog post...Paul David and his fangs:


The inside:

The pictures are about 1 1/2 X2 1/2 inches...I guess...I'm not really good at eyeballing that kind of thing! The quality isn't great, but we decided that was due to uploading it to the internet.

The back cover...I chose a picture from Christmas 2008 since that was one of the last things I blogged about.

I am VERY happy with the book...the quality and price were great and so was the ease of creating it!

So the biggest question...where did it come from:

Blog 2 Print


3 comments:

thePiks said...

I can't wait to look through it! It looks great! Thanks for the information. Brian and I have been talking about doing that.

The Pences said...

I'm really hoping you'll let me look through it in person! I've been wanting to do this, too, but was a little frustrated with blurb. I'm a little worried that with my compressing my pictures that the quality won't be there, but I really do want all my posts in a book! Especially since my scrapbooking has all but gone to the wayside.

thetraywicks said...

I got one that looks like yours....it will be the girl's Easter gift!