Sunday, December 13, 2009

Big XXII Championship Game

Last weekend, we all four headed to Dallas to root on the Longhorns in the Big XXII Championship Game at Cowboy Stadium. We didn't take anybody to help us and took Judson to his first football game. Boy was it a good one to call his first!!!

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn (with all the other Longhorn fans) and rode the shuttle bus over to the Stadium:


Here's the Crazy Big Cowboys Stadium:



Lookee what we found:

Judson did SOOOO good during the game. He even drank a bottle for me and went to sleep.

Me and Judson on our way for a diaper change...the Stadium is INCREDIBLE, but a little obnoxious in my opinion...I mean that screen is bigger than our living area in our house!

Paul David and Daddy:

My attempt at a picture of me and Judson:

Daddy and Judson...I LOVE this picture!

So if you saw the last 2 minutes of that game, you know it was a game that will be replayed for MANY years to come. Being there was INSANE! When Nebraska rushed the field, I was like, NO...that's not how this is supposed to end! Then when they announced one more second left, the place went NUTS! Then when he made that field goal, the place erupted...I've never felt so invested in a game before in my life! It was awesome!

Then, came the worst part of the night! We started back to get on the shuttle, and Judson was TIRED. It was really cold, but he was in the Moby Wrap with a cap and a blanket on him. I promise you that he was warm, but would not go to sleep. So we walk up to where our shuttle was to be right as it's driving off...UGH. We waited FOREVER for the next one. I finally had to go behind all the people and walk Judson around to get him to sleep. Paul David was miserable...poor baby was so cold...at least he had Lovey to keep him warm. The shuttle FINALLY came and it was packed. Luckily, some sweet people let me and Paul David sit down. Judson ate and fell asleep, and Paul David fell asleep sitting in his seat!

The game was over at 10:30, and we got back in our hotel room at 12:15...Getting out of that place was a NIGHTMARE. It took over an hour once we got on the shuttle. I feel so sorry for Cowboys fans who have to deal with that all the time!

So the next morning, Paul snapped this picture:

True fans were staying at our hotel, I'll tell you that:)

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

See I would have to say that vehicle is obnoxious! Crazy! crazy!!!