Well, it's definitely pouring on us.
Judson is doing okay. He's eating really well, but his last levels came back higher. They had told us to expect that because it would peak, then start coming down. The on-call pediatrician said that he had to be under the lights another day...which I think means until tomorrow afternoon. We had thought it would be until this afternoon. He's so, so sweet, but boy does he have a temper and a loud cry when he's upset!
Paul David on the other hand is not doing okay. Our pediatrician's office is not having Saturday Hours during the summer, so they ended up at a Minor Emergency with him. They asked when the last time he'd gone to the bathroom, and it had been since yesterday. They immediately sent him to the ER. They deducted that he had a double ear infection and gave him an antibiotic shot. They started pumping him full of Popsicles, but as of 1:00, he still had not gone to the bathroom. They let him leave and go home, but if he doesn't go tee-tee in a couple of hours, he has to go back and get a catheter. He's not wanting to drink anything, either. Paul was going to go get him some more popsicles, but they said he was even starting to refuse them.
I jokingly told my nurse that I may need some Xanex (sp?) before this is all over...she said that she knew I said that jokingly, but that if I needed it, she could make that happen...hopefully, it won't come to that!
UPDATE----
Paul got to his parent's from getting Paul David's medicine, and Paul David was sitting and watching Justin play video games like he was normal. He'd taken his Tylenol and drank a Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Then, he went TEE-TEE...a bunch! YAY, it's such a relief...no pun intented!
There's just something about Sonic drinks...they're AMAZING in so many ways!
Judson is doing okay. He's eating really well, but his last levels came back higher. They had told us to expect that because it would peak, then start coming down. The on-call pediatrician said that he had to be under the lights another day...which I think means until tomorrow afternoon. We had thought it would be until this afternoon. He's so, so sweet, but boy does he have a temper and a loud cry when he's upset!
Paul David on the other hand is not doing okay. Our pediatrician's office is not having Saturday Hours during the summer, so they ended up at a Minor Emergency with him. They asked when the last time he'd gone to the bathroom, and it had been since yesterday. They immediately sent him to the ER. They deducted that he had a double ear infection and gave him an antibiotic shot. They started pumping him full of Popsicles, but as of 1:00, he still had not gone to the bathroom. They let him leave and go home, but if he doesn't go tee-tee in a couple of hours, he has to go back and get a catheter. He's not wanting to drink anything, either. Paul was going to go get him some more popsicles, but they said he was even starting to refuse them.
I jokingly told my nurse that I may need some Xanex (sp?) before this is all over...she said that she knew I said that jokingly, but that if I needed it, she could make that happen...hopefully, it won't come to that!
UPDATE----
Paul got to his parent's from getting Paul David's medicine, and Paul David was sitting and watching Justin play video games like he was normal. He'd taken his Tylenol and drank a Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Then, he went TEE-TEE...a bunch! YAY, it's such a relief...no pun intented!
There's just something about Sonic drinks...they're AMAZING in so many ways!
5 comments:
Oh, Candice - I am so sorry y'all are going through so much and all at once!!! I hope Paul David gets well soon! Judson is in good hands... I know it is so tough. We had to take Owen to TCH for jaundice from 4-6 days old. We will say prayers that everyone is all better soon!
I was just remembering that Joanna kind of fell apart when Natalie was born. Not quite as dramatic as Paul David, thank goodness, but it's interesting. So glad to hear he's on the mend. Sonic Dr. Peppers truly are amazing! We're praying for your little men; let us know if you need anything at all.
Hang in there, it's gonna be better! Glad to hear Judson is eating well but sorry he has to stay under the light longer. Poor Paul David... bless his little heart. It's hard when they can't tell you what's wrong. But thank goodness for Sonic drinks... must be medicinal!
Take care of yourselves, too!
Love, Aunt Patricia/Uncle JT
Yikes! I'm so glad you have lots of family to help you out. Hope Paul David is feeling better soon, and Judson too! Don't refuse any drugs they offer you! You need to keep your sanity and get some rest. Keeping you in my prayers!
Whew! glad they're doing better!
Susanna
Post a Comment