Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Things I'm LOVING...

Besides my baby boy, there are a few other things that I have come to LOVE that I didn't have or appreciate it as much with Paul David:

First, you all know about my love of Pampers Swaddlers, but I have a new love for them. The newborn size at least has this little yellow line on the front that changes to blue when wet. At first, I thought, that's neat, but will we really need that. Come to find out, it's AWESOME! It's nice to peak inside Judson's clothes to see if he's wet (which we've found he hates) without completely undressing him to find out! Does anyone know if the other Swaddler sizes have this feature or is it just the newborns????

Second, I am in love with Swaddling blankets. My friend Krystal loaned me one, and then I found one at Wal-Mart while I was pregnant that I got out the other day. They are super easy, and Judson sleeps like a log in them. I so wish I had invested in them with Paul David. I know he'll soon outgrow them, but for now, they're AWESOME!!!

Also, we are using the Playtex Nursers for bottles this time around, and they have drop in liners (with all the BPA talk recently and some free samples from Playtex, we decided to go with the bottles with liners). They are AWESOME! It's so easy...you only have to wash the nipples and ring.

Finally, I used these, but never fully appreciated them, but we are loving the Medela Microwave Sterilzing bags. You put the before mentioned nipples (and pump parts) in the bag with 2 oz of water, microwave for 1 minute and a half, and they're sterilized and ready! Much easier than boiling water or running the dishwasher all the time...and AWESOME!

Anyone got any other baby stuff that they LOVED that I need to know about???



3 comments:

The Pences said...

Sorry, the newborn swaddlers are the only ones with the fancy line. :(
The only other baby thing I can think of to recommend is something called the "My Breast Friend" pillow. It's kind of like the boppy, but it wraps all the way around. It was given to me with Joanna, but I never used it because it's not actually comfortable for just sitting and nursing. What is IS useful for is STANDING and nursing. I don't know if that's something you ever do, but this pillow helps so much! You still need to hold the baby with one arm, but the pillow (and your waist) supports the weight of the baby and their bottom half. I don't really use mine anymore, so if it sounds interesting, you're welcome to borrow it. Whoa, this is a long comment... sorry. :)

The Pences said...

Okay, I thought of something else. Nothing new or exciting, but something I never did with Joanna. Gowns for sleeping!! Oh there never was something so wonderful as gowns for those midnight diaper changes. You probably learned that the first time. I was not so wise. Sad. :( Mine are pink or I'd offer those, too.

thePiks said...

At least for me, having a newborn the second time around was so much more enjoyable. You just feel more comfortable and not so overwhelmed. I think you can relax more than when you were a first time mommy who was nervous about every little thing! That's awesome about the Swaddlers! I can't wait to use that feature!