Friday, May 8, 2009

Since my favorite photo subject is out of town getting his picture made by Nana, Papa and Aunt April, I really have nothing to blog about...

EXCEPT, there are two ladies here right now scrubbing my bathrooms, and I'm just plain giddy! I tried to get them something, and one of them said, "Don't do that, I'll get it. You don't need to bend over anymore!" She's so sweet...I love her already!

I'm missing my little man SOOO much, but I keep telling myself that he's having the best time up there! You can see here that he's in hog heaven!

So yesterday, in my boredom, I decided to play a little with Photoshop! Now, you should all know that Photoshop is my nemesis...we don't get along very well. I usually end up so frustrated that I never even save stuff I do...it usually doesn't turn out very well. Yesterday, I really got into changing the colors and cropping this one pool photo. It's not the best photo ever, but I wanted something with lots of blue in it to play with, plus the orange was an added bonus! These pictures are here mostly for me because I wanted to see them all together to see if you could see a difference.

So here it is Straight out of the Camera after cropping:

Here it is when I played with the colors on my own. I went a little too crazy with the blue because if you enlarge it, he's got blue in his hair. Apparently, he had water in his hair...duh!

Here I used Pioneer Woman's Action Boost:

Here I used the Pioneer Woman's Action-Fresh and Lively:

So, it turns out that I can tell a little difference between the first and the others, but just not that much. I'm trying to get myself to do more with my pictures like this, but honestly, if it's not going to change them that much, and I'm just going to print them to cut them up for a scrapbook, I think I'm wasting my time. Oh, well, at least now I know I can do it:)

Now, if I take one someday that I want to hang on my wall...I may play with it a little more. There you just heard my pact with myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm..the swim trunks look like they have more neongreen in them on the 2nd picture..I think I like the 3rd and 4th the best..a little 'brighter'. I think overall I vote for the 4th but I can't tell a whole lot of difference but then I dont' do well at those puzzles in the paper either where you look at 2 photos and find the differences...hey, maybe try it with the Chippendale dancers and we'll try again! :-) Susanna

Anonymous said...

I am proud of your editing, I can tell a big difference, but hey thats just me - I want to talk to you about newborn photos, call me sometime!