We had a fun...yeah, not really...weekend. It started out fun because my mom came to visit us. Paul David lit up when he saw her and of course started in on the "Go to Nana's House. See Preston!"
Saturday afternoon is where it all went down hill for me. It started with a little scratchy throat. By the time I went to bed, it HURT when I swallowed and my head was really starting to hurt. I took some Tylenol Multi-Sympton Sinus/Allergy Something and went to bed, but I didn't sleep much. Sunday morning I decided to call my OB's Emergency Line, and the nurse there said that it sounded like a Sinus infection and to just keep taking Sudafed and rest. Well, easier said than done with Paul David in the house. My mom finally took him to the park so that I could rest some:
Check out his Big Brother shirt. He's practicing:
I finally called Paul (oh yeah, he was at his parent's smoking our brisket and ribs for Memorial Day lunch) to come and get him.
By this time my whole head...ears, eyes, throat...felt like they were going to explode off my neck. NO joke...I have NEVER felt that bad EVER in my life. Finally, at about 6, I called my OB ER line again, and she called me back this time. She faxed in a prescription for a ZPAK...I don't know who invented that thing, but I am so happy that person did. Paul picked it up around 8, and I took the first 2 plus some Nightime Tylenol Mult-Symptom Sinus/Allergy concoction that knocked me out.
Monday morning, I woke up a whole NEW person. My ears and nose were still stopped up without any pain, but on a scale of one to ten (ten being the best) I was a 6. Sunday, I was a 1!
So, Paul and I went and did something I'm sure we'd never, ever thought we'd do. We bought a MINIVAN...that's right, I'm now a Minivan Momma:
Anyway, we got a great deal on it at Goodson Honda North (which we would recommend to anyone...they were awesome...even when Paul whipped out the folder full of all the research he'd done!) I know we'll be keeping this FOREVER because it's going to serve our family well FOREVER! I can't get over all the storage we have for stuff in the back and can still have 3 extra people ride with us, even with two carseats in it. That just wasn't happening in the Pilot. We had to choose...people or stroller. With the extra car seat, people in the 3rd row just wasn't going to happen unless they climbed through the back. We're very, very pleased with it. It is way nicer on the inside than we anticipated. It's amazing all you get when you just want the DVD package!
And finally, Minivan Driving Momma and Baby at 37.5 weeks:
7 comments:
So glad you're feeling better!! Love the new van! Great color! Poppa misses his navy trucks. I've been watching the blog to see if you posted a picture. I didn't know you got those pictures of Paul David at the park. Can't wait to see all of you again, see the new baby, and ride in the new van!
It is getting very close!!! You look great!!! And you are so going to love the minivan! I'd drive one too if my hubby would let me! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Let's pray it all works out!
OK, I thought we had a deal! No denim teacher shirts and no minivans! I have to admit, it is a pain for us to take two cars whenever we have family visit. And we don't even have a 3rd row! We had to buy special "slim" carseats so we can get all 3 side by side by side. We're saving up for a different car, just not sure what. I'll have to take a cruise in your minivan some time! I think the minivan has come a long way since our pact!
Also, glad you're feeling better. I am getting over a sinus infection also. Unfortunately, my doctor gave me some 10 day antibiotic. I should have called my OB. I never felt as bad as you did though!
Mimi says welcome to the minivan club. We love ours. Cute picture of Nana and Paul David. Now for that denim shirt.
Yay for Honda Odysseys!! We borrowed my step mom's 2006 for several months last year and LOVED it. We love our little Dodge Caravan, too. I am sooooo a minivan girl, for sure!
So sad about the sinus infection -- it's awful to feel sick and be so pregnant, for sure! Glad you had family to help you!
So glad yall came today, I love the mini...I will bring Paul Davids cup when I come to meet and photograph that new sweet baby, can't wait!!!!
Post a Comment