
Paul and I had the BEST time at the Rocket's game last night. I picked Paul up from work, and we headed over to park with our parking pass...oh, yeah! When we parked, we could see the entrance to Toyota Center...oh, yeah! So that's where all those women park that come to games with super high heels on...I've always wondered why they would wear those things if they just had walk as far as I just did. Now, I know that they probably had these fantastic parking passes. Oh, wow, how did get off on that!
So we go to our seats, which were on Row B on the FLOOR! Holy Toledo! The only way to get better seats than what we had would have been to be on the front row!
During the warm up:
Luis Scola...Amanda and I decided
that we wanted to give this guy a pony tail holder in the worst way:
So we go to our seats, which were on Row B on the FLOOR! Holy Toledo! The only way to get better seats than what we had would have been to be on the front row!
During the warm up:
Luis Scola...Amanda and I decided
that we wanted to give this guy a pony tail holder in the worst way:

Yao...you would not believe the fan following from China this guy has:
Paul got to toss a warm up ball back to Yao!Check out how huge he is compared to this relatively tall guy:



This the mascot Clutch who was sitting on this guy. (Only people from Houston will get this) Clutch went and started getting the metal poles from one of the curtain dividers and bringing it to him. He ended up with two or three, and then I saw him give Clutch some money...a $2.00 bill. Odd??? Later on, Scott, Amanda, and Paul figured out that he was the C & D Scrap Metal Guy...duh, the $2.00 bill should have been the first clue!

A Huge thanks to Scott and Amanda for thinking of us and letting us use these AMAZING seats!
********Lots of Reading to follow that really has nothing to do with our fun, just our camera experience last night**********
So, we were pumped about being so close to the action and taking some pictures. Before I left, I reread the Toyota Center camera policy. This is copy and pasted from their site:
Cameras, Video Cameras, Audio Recorders
Professional cameras are prohibited at all events in Toyota Center unless accompanied by an appropriate media credential. Cameras containing lenses ( not to exceed 4 inches in length ) with no flashes may be allowed for some events. Video cameras and audio recorders are prohibited in Toyota Center unless specifically approved. Please check in advance by calling 713-758-7200.
So, our camera is not a professional camera, and I measured the lens...it was exactly 4 inches. I took the smaller one, too, just to be on the safe side. We decided to leave the little one in the car, and if they didn't let us in with the other, then we would just go back to the car and switch them out.
We go through the bag check line, the lady measures the lens, and says, "You just made it!" Yay!
We were happily taking pictures when the usher approached me after the first period, and says that she thinks our camera may be the one they're talking about...huh??? So, then some Toyota Center guy comes over and tells us the lens is too long. We said, no it's 4 inches, the girl measured it when we came in. He asks if it gets longer. Well, yes it does. Then we're going to have to check it...we say, we had it checked at the door. This goes on a couple of minutes because he means check it at guest services, we mean check it like get it checked. Finally, he says, or you can put it away. We just do that with the promise from the usher that we can get a picture of the two of us later if we don't extend the lens out. It was disappointing to say the least. If we'd known that when we first got it checked, we could have gone to the car and switched them out.
Now, I ask you, does that statement above on the Toyota Center's website lead you to believe that the 4 inches is extended? That's not at all what we got out of it, but maybe we're missing something. It was just upsetting to me because I felt fussed at, and I don't like feeling fussed at. (I do like fussing, though...ODD) Besides, really, for the amount of money someone paid for us to sit in those seats, you'd think they'd let us do anything we wanted down there! Oh, well, lesson learned.



3 comments:
Oh how I hate getting fussed at. Especially when you feel like you've done everything like you were asked and it's not your fault! Anyway, great seats! I still haven't been to the Toyota Center. And wow, a celebrity sighting! Even if it was just the scrap metal guy! I wonder how they chose $2 bills for their gimmick?
Candice those are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for J to get home from Church to show him your seats! Those are sweet friends to think of you!!!
Ok, now I am REALLY jealous!!! :)
Post a Comment