Monday, February 9, 2009

More Fishies...

Paul David has NEVER been a sandwich eater. We've tried grilled cheese, peanut butter, jelly, both, ham, turkey...you get the picture. He will eat peanut butter crackers, though, so I if I need to take a sandwich somewhere, I usually take crackers instead.

Well, Nana and Papa gave him a Sandwich Cookie Cutter that makes fish and a heart. I've seen the ones that make dinosaurs and contemplated buying it, but he's never really been much into dinosaurs (God love him, he calls the one at the park an elephant...it's a triceratops). I thought the fish one might be a hit though.

So tonight I tried it out, and it was a HUGE success. He ate the plate clean and asked for MORE FISHIES! He ate a sandwich, people...this is huge in my life.
I'm just beside myself! Hopefully, this won't be a one time deal!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Those are cutest things! I'm so glad he likes them!

The Pences said...

Yea!! What a great idea -- and I'm glad it's working. I might have to think about something similar for Joanna. She's sort of hot and cold about sandwiches...