I've never considered myself much of a brand snob...you know someone who will only buy a certain brand. I'm really more of a what's on sale snob. Anyway, I've found something that I'm pretty brand opinionated about: Diapers and Pull-Ups.
I know that for some babies you have to go with a certain brand or type to fit your baby or if there are allergies and such. For Paul David, he's been pretty good about fitting into whatever. This is more about what Mommy likes:) Not to say that I won't switch sides at some point, but for right now with Paul David this is my review of diapers and Pull-ups...for what it's worth to you guys who are about to need this info! Remember, this is my opinion only...I'm sure someone will whole heartily disagree!
Diapers:
for sizes NB-3: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Pampers Swaddlers. You guys don't know how sad I was when Paul David moved to size threes. They didn't have the 2-3 size they have now, so I had to cold turkey switch to the Cruisers. Those Swaddlers are SO soft. They're just like cotton or something fluffy soft like that. Oh, and they smell so...baby.
Sizes 3-5: I don't really have a huge preference for a brand in this area, but I did see a little bit of a difference in the Huggies Supreme and Pampers Cruisers vs. they're higher diaper count counterparts (I don't know what they're called). For these sizes, I just buy whichever brand CVS has on sale.
Now, when Paul David started showing interest in the potty, I decided to just keep using diapers until I ran out...but that never seemed to happen because I kept finding good deals on them. It was fine while he was still wearing shorts, and we were at home. I found when we went out and about and now that it's winter that the handy pulling it up and down is convenient. So the next time there was a sale, I bought some Pull-Ups. Then a couple of weeks ago, I bought some Easy-Ups...here's where the BIG Brand Snob comes out of me:
Pull-Ups:
- made by Huggies, so there are much better coupons out there for them
- They have open and close sides...this is HUGE...I didn't realize how huge until Paul David started wearing jeans. With the open and close sides, you can put it on like a diaper without taking off the shoes and jeans.
- Come in sizes 2T/3T and 3T/4T and Paul David can wear either size...hmmm?
4. Have Cars on them
Easy-Ups:
- Made by Pampers, who usually has good CVS sales
- They're easy up, but easy down...can you say "plumber's butt!"
- They come in 4's and 5's in girls (at CVS), but only 5's in boys (at CVS). Paul David wears a 5 in diapers, so you'd just assume that would be okay...not so much. It's really gross when he's gone poopy!
- They have Diego playing baseball on them...awww!
- They're soft, which reminded me of the Swaddler days, so they were almost going to be my favorite but THEN...
- They don't have open and close sides...WHAT???? You have to completely undress the child to get one of them on. Sorry, Charlie, doesn't work for me! Then when you go to take it off, you really need a pair of scissors...I just tear it, but it's work...then think about when it's that messy diaper...yeah, you see my point!
So, there you have it for all you moms out there getting ready to get into the Pull-Up game. I guess you can tell which ones I'll be purchasing from now on! I have a pack and a half left of the Easy Ups, but I have a routine down to get rid of them. I use the Easy-ups first thing when I change him out of his PJ's, from then on we use the Pull-Ups. I still put a diaper on him at night, though...so we still have those!
Man, who knew a baby's bottom could bring out the brand snob in someone?
3 comments:
You Crack me up!!!
Too funny! I hate easy ups, love pull ups! The CVS brand training pants aren't bad.
Easy Ups are horrible! We were Huggies Pull-up people too!
Post a Comment