Well, our little evacation group has a made a decision about the future! We're going to head south tomorrow morning to check things out and clean up our yard. We've got our fingers crossed that my in-laws will have power at some point this weekend. We're planning to stop in every town we see that has gas and fill up. We're also going to stop somewhere and load our cooler down with milk and other perishables that you can't get at the grocery store. I'm really kind of nervous for some reason!
We'll only have one night of it though because on Saturday morning we're going to head to Austin for the Rice/UT game. We already have reservations, so we feel like it would be like we're evacuating there for a night!
Sunday we'll be back from Austin and reassess the situation. Paul's staying because work is going to open back up on Monday, and his brother has power so he can stay there if he needs to. If there's still no power at my in-laws or our house (I'm really planning that our power will be off a really long time), Paul David and I are OUT OF THERE! I'm just a wimp! I just can't justify being there when I can be here with my parents and power and a sense of normalcy at the grocery stores and gas stations!
Hopefully it will all work out for us, and we'll be there next week! If not, I'll let you know Monday or Tuesday where we've landed!
3 comments:
Let me know how it goes and if you land back in North East TX!
Wednesday night we were 2nd in line for gas while the tanker pumped it in the ground. We waited 20 minutes, only to find out it was cash only! We had $1! Yesterday I had no problem getting gas though. SL is getting back to normal, but I don't know about your area. I don't blame you one bit for leaving!
Hope everything works out well! FYI - The HEB at 1960 & WLH is very well stocked. CVS is also a good place to get milk.. a lot of people don't think of it! :)
Post a Comment