"So, you want a good picture of me? We'll see about that!"
"You're sending me where?"
"Okay, this is as good as it gets!"
"I wonder what I'll learn today!"
So the drop off was quick, and LOUD! Yes, he screamed like he was getting shots! Poor thing...I just have to remember that it was probably for a short time...it's 12:25, and they haven't called me yet! He's going to have SO much fun! They're going to sing and dance, read stories, play, GO OUTSIDE, eat Pizza, and sleep on the floor! How could you not love that?
His school is at the same church that Paul's mom, Sarah, worked at for 20 years when Paul was only 2! Paul and Paul David are going to the same Mom's Day Out school! I think it makes it all the more special! Sarah also had Paul David's teacher's kids back in the day...they're Paul's age now! Sarah worked with both of his teachers and says that they are wonderful! I know Paul David will be loved on so much there! So special!
I'll let you know later how it went! I can't wait to see myself!
****UPDATE****
It went surprisingly well! His paper said that he had a good day. None of the tears that we were expecting. He asked for Mommy a couple of times, but was easily distracted! He ate most of his lunch and had a blast playing outside! When I got there, he was in Mrs. Anne's lap, and when he saw me, he got down. He didn't run into my arms, though, he started going to all the toys like he was showing me everything he played with! They said he'd slept for an hour...on a blanket...on the floor! I still can't believe that!
He asked me for juice when I got there. I wish I'd brought him something for the ride home...next week I'll remember!
He'd been really good this afternoon. He's already changed his clothes, though! He went straight to the dryer where he knows his clothes are...yeah, they've been there a couple of days! Anyway, he wanted his shirt off and now he's wearing a dumptruck shirt, his Astros romper, and now he's added his baseball flag shirt! The layered look is back, right? Sarah had told me to expect him to be cranky, and I he started to fall apart on me around 4:30!! He's down now for maybe another nap! I know it's got to be a really hard and long day for a little guy!

2 comments:
Congratulations on making it through the first day Paul David and Mommy! I bet he loves it. I'm always amazed that they'll sleep on the floor too. I wonder how they keep them down. Do you think someone has to sit on them for about 15 minutes? Just kidding!
Paul David, you're such a big boy! You are so handsome. Glad you had fun on your first day! We love you. Nana and Papa
Post a Comment