Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Still Evacuating!!!

We're still at my parents! We're planning to stay as long as we have no electricity and the gas lines and grocery stores are crazy! Ironically, my parent's house has no electricity either...my grandparents do though and my parent's buisness does! It's really no that bad though because the weather is beautiful here...highs in the low 80's and it gets downright cold at night...53 last night!

We've heard from my Father-In-Law that our houses are fine. We have some major limbs in our yard, so Paul's already bought a chain saw up here in anticipation of the clean up! We came out pretty lucky down there and up here! I have to tell you all that stayed that I don't know how you did it! The winds up here were horrible...I can't even imagine what it was like there!

So far, Paul is off through tomorrow...but we're not coming back until there's power. Hopefully, things will get better soon, but I have to admit we're having a pretty good time up here!

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Candice I still want you over for dinner! Call me later with your plans or I should say if you make plans!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are good - we shockingly got power back at our house Saturday evening (one of the few), so if you need to come back before y'all get power, y'all are welcome to come over.

thePiks said...

Glad you're having fun! We're having to wait to fix our two fences that blew down because there are no fence materials left! The sounds Friday night were pretty freaky. We were only w/o power for 16 hours so I'm glad we stayed.

Anonymous said...

We came back Monday..got back around 6 pm since Daddy's appt was still set for Tuesday morning. Luckily the electricity was on! And Lopez Mexican restaurant was open! :-) my job is still closed though as of this morning(Wed)
Susanna