Paul David started Swim Lessons last week! These are his first official swim lessons since I don't really count those baby swim lessons...that was just PLAY! He's pretty much taught himself to swim, so I thought he needed some fine tuning!
Miss Rachel is AWESOME! She coaches some competitive leagues in the area, so she's really good and patient with him (and Mae and Colt who come over for lessons after Paul David.) I'm not out there while the lessons are going on (It's So HOT), but I watch a lot through the window!
Here she was instructing him on something:
Miss Rachel is AWESOME! She coaches some competitive leagues in the area, so she's really good and patient with him (and Mae and Colt who come over for lessons after Paul David.) I'm not out there while the lessons are going on (It's So HOT), but I watch a lot through the window!
Here she was instructing him on something:
He's never been awesome at swimming under the water, so that was something I wanted her to focus on...then he started doing it a lot about two weeks before lessons started. She's working with him on some energy saving swimming techniques and some strokes.
He wanted to jump off the diving board for her:
Yesterday, Paul David and I went out during Judson's nap (he's got a wicked ear infection right now, so we have to sneak our swimming). I asked him to show me some stuff he'd learned...he threw some fish in the water, then started trying to dive for them. He couldn't make it down by himself, but if I gave him a little nudge on his back he would go right to the bottom and get a fish. We found 13 of them to dive for, and he did it three times. He dove 36 times...makes me tired just thinking about it! He's such a fish and completely independent in the water. He's just really so comfortable in the water...always has been! Judson's following in his footsteps, too!
4 comments:
How is judsons ear? Is he the one with tubes?
Last night he dived over and over for our fish. We never could convince him to get 2 at a time. Even when they were on top of each other. We told him he was noodling. PawPaw and I had lots of fun watching him. Love, Mimi
Looking good Paul David!
Way to go Paul David!! we are enjoying our pool a lot this year too!
Post a Comment