Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baseball...

As you all have come to realize, we kind of like sports around here! Paul David is especially eaten up with baseball and football. In the fall, it's all football...now that it's spring, it's all baseball. He will play for HOURS! Since, I'm the one with all the HOURS to use up, I get to play with him! Here are some of the "rules" of the game of Paul David Baseball:

-We have to use a soft ball and soft bat from inside (that was my rule) because Judson's out there with us.
-I'm on the Americans...why you ask? Well, because the last couple of days, I've been wearing Old Navy Flag tees from 2007 and 2008!
-He's on the Astros...more precisely, he's Hunter Pence!
-If we hit the ball, and it doesn't go very far, it's a foul ball...no matter where it lands.
-If we hit the ball any length beyond 2 feet, it's a Home Run...no matter where it lands.
-Once I hit a couple of "Home Runs," we switch, and he bats...which makes it go pretty quickly.
-There aren't "innings" there are "switches"
-The bases are ALL OVER the place!
-He runs and slides
-I don't run or slide-my rule...I told him I might throw up!
-He chases all the balls
-Yes, I pretty much stand around:)
-We're done when he says we're done...I usually give him a "10 minutes until we're done" but he usually ends it before the "10 minutes" are up:)


So, what it Judson doing during our "Game"
Well, he's playing a little t-ball himself. He puts the tee right where we're batting, too. He knows that's Home Plate. He puts his on ball on the tee and actually hits it pretty well.
He also enjoys "stealing" the bases...man, does it make Paul David MAD as a hornet when he does this...I'm pretty sure that's WHY he does it!
He also will go over and play soccer a little while.
Sometimes, he tries his hand at golf, except his club in a bat, and his ball is a basketball...I think he may be a little "sports confused!"
He got hit in the head today with the "soft" ball. He came over for a kiss, then said to me "HAT!" He went in the house and got a helmet!

It's going to be so interesting to see if they're both really into sports as they grow up. They seem to be, but right now Judson is just into whatever Paul David's doing. He's learning so much from him though, that it might be to his advantage!

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey I think those rules make more sense than the real ones! I could handle standing around and letting someone chase the balls! A coworker's daughter was playing soccer and one kid on team was out picking flowers along the side of the field! just having a good 'ol time while they kept calling his name over and over! That actually sounded better to me than kicking a ball!

Susanna

Anonymous said...

How do you get 10 minute ball games? At my house we go at least 45 minutes. But he does tell me when it's over. Which is cute because it's always just out of the blue. Also tells me when it's my turn to pick up the ball. And I have to get the ball and chase him with it. But I never catch him. lol Mimi