Okay, I'm not doing so well with keeping up with this, but I really want to finish it, so it's all in one place! One day, I hope to go back through this and read it again!
I left off at July 18, so I'll start from there...this could be a long one!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 19
2006-Ate at Giordanno's in Chicago for the first time...Deep dish Pizz, Baby! I had previously eaten at Giordanno's in Orlanda, Florida, but does it really count until you've had it in Chicago? Paul's love of Deep Dish Pizza has carried over to me! Of course, I LOVE cheese, and that's pretty much what makes it deep...tons of cheese! It's also very saucey...which I love, too! It was a good day! It helped that I was only 7 months pregnant, too. I wasn't so huge that it felt gross to eat an enormous amount of cheese, bread and tomato sauce, but I still had the responsibility to feed the baby...a lot!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 20th
1996-My first and only (knock on wood) wreck! Amanda, Kimmy and I had made an impromptu trip to Houston to see the Braves play the Astros. We got in a huge line on 610 exiting to Kirby to go to the Astrodome. It took forever...and all I wanted to do was see Chipper Jones! So, we finally get on Kirby, and BAM, I rear ended the car in front of me...her car was fine...mine not so much!! We didn't even look at the damage...or where we'd parked! We decided not to think about it and enjoy the game! So after the game, we were in the parking lot trying to find the car with a crunched hood. It took awhile, but luckily, others were looking, too! I finally found it and was just sick! We drove it home, and it got fixed...but it sure did sour our trip!
THEN, 2001-Oddly enough, my first time to ever have gone to Turner Field in Atlanta! It was so exciting to see the Home of the Braves! So, see, I've been a baseball fan a long time, now...even before Paul!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 21st
1997-I got my job at the Orthodontist, Duren and Sherman! At this point, I had committed to becoming a teacher, so I wanted out of the Day Care business. I went to lunch with my friend Krystal, who I had also worked with at the day care and had also wanted to get out of the business. She was working at the orthodontist office, and LOVED it! Oh, they'd gone a cruise, shopping trips, and he gave out bonuses twice a year! Oh, yeah, I was in! I have to say it was the best place to work! Love, love, loved my two years there! Even today, I say that if I ever want to go back to work, I may go back to a dentist or orthodontist office!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 22
1994-I met little Smith! The before mentioned Krystal also had this babysitting this going on the side in the hours she wasn't at the day care! Her aunt knew this lady who'd just had a little boy and needed a babysitter. Krystal started keeping him and fell in love with this little boy! Well, on this day, I met him, and he had just turned one! So cute and sweet, and I fell in love with him! Then, Krystal found a new guy to love, Jason, and they ultimately got engaged and married...no time to keep Smith! So, I became the Babysitter! This little family went on to have a little girl, Lowery, and another boy, Forrest! They were my life from then until I moved! I kept them at leat 3 times a week, took them wherever I went, and loved them like they were my own! I learned so much from keeping them and watching their parents with them! I know that a lot of what I do in regards to parenting and how I do it comes from my 6 years I was with these guys! Oh, I miss them!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 24
1993-Amanda and I went to stay with her Aunt and Uncle in Little Rock! Oh, what fun! For some reason, this is one of those trips I think about a lot and remember a lot of! Her aunt was our tour guide and took us a lot of places. We went to the capital building...this was when Bill Clinton was in office, but remember, he had been the Governor of Arkansas! I remember that he was a big deal there, and he was in town one night because there was a motorcade of some sort! We also went to a Waterpark there, and this is the part I remember a lot...when my mascara smears when I'm in the pool or won't come off when I wash my face! So Amanda's Aunt went on an interview and had all this makeup on when she dropped us off at the Waterpark. She came back in her suit ready to play...or just lay around...we talked her into going on the Rapid Ride. So she goes, and of course flips over first thing. When we got to the bottom, she looked like a drowned Raccoon. Her mascara was all around her eyes, and her perfectly fixed hair was flat! Good times! Then, on the way home, Amanda's parent's car had a flat or something, and we had to wait in a truck stop for a long time. It was a great trip! I'm sure Amanda can add some details!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 26
2006-We got our Honda Pilot! I can't believe it's been two years! Paul found this dealership way on the other side of town that had a dessert rock one in stock, so we went to look at it! It still had the plastic on it! We loved it immediately and still do! It's so comfy, and roomy, and Paul David can watch Nemo all the time!
ON THIS DAY IN OUR HISTORY---July 27
2002-Paul met my parents for the first time! They were here helping me move into my apartment. Poor Paul couldn't come help because he had just had his wisdom teeth taken out, but he did come over and Met the Parents! I guess it went well; I don't really remember much about the meeting!
So, that's all for now...hopefully, I won't get this far behind again! I'm still having a hard time catching up on everything since the trip!
6 comments:
Your memory and your journal keeping skills amaze me! The thing I remember most about the Astro's game was that it was us and a bunch of drunks looking for our cars! How could we have lost it? We were parked in line with the Holiday Inn?!?
Now for my comment on the Little Rock trip. Oh my goodness! What about Speedo Man. Wasn't that this trip? He and his little speedo were everywhere. I believe he was wearing goggles to... at a water park. Strange. So glad you're remembering good times. Are you sure it wasn't '92? I was thinking it was the summer before our Junior year. I'm not known for my superb memory though.
See I'd completely forgot about Speedo Man...how funny! It's amazing what some people will wear to water parks!
I'll check later to see if it was 92. It may have been...I know I was keeping Kyndall at the time. I can still remember when you called and asked me to go:)
I think the car had more than a flat tire. It was broke down and Kenneth Wright came and picked ya'll up. I think in the Morton Church van! The whole family came.
The story gets even better! Now I remember that! How funny, the things you forget!
I LOVE the memories...
Post a Comment