Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Zoo Fun!

First of all, I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted! Sorry:)

Yesterday, we had a Zoo day with some very special people! Krystal, Walker, and Griffin were in town (their dad had a work thing to come to here), so we headed to the zoo and met up with Amanda, Coleman and Spence! We had five little boys and two pregnant women for Krystal to keep up with in our little group, and boy did we have a blast!

I've been trying to think of a name for our little Zoo Day like ZooBloggers or Reunion of the Bridesmaids (I was a bridesmaid in both of their weddings, and they were bridesmaids in mine!) Anyway, I haven't thought of anything clever...maybe Amanda or Krystal will on their blogs!

Here are some of the highlights:

Paul David and Griffin:

Paul David and Walker looking at the zebras:

Four of the Boys looking at a monkey:

The Orangutan (click on the picture to make it bigger to see what he was doing:):

The new baby giraffe (Miles) on the left compared to another giraffe...Miles was 6'8'' yesterday:

Paul David and Mommy with the giraffe:

Perhaps my favorite picture...Paul David showing Lovey the Elephants:

The Two Pregnant Ladies-Me due June 10th and Amanda due June 24th:

Paul David and Mommy on the Carousel...he DID NOT want to ride one of the animals:

Paul David's first taste of Cotton Candy:

Our best attempt of getting a picture of all 5 boys...
L to R-Spence (2), Paul David (2), Walker (6), Griffin (21 mo) and Coleman (4)

The boys minus Paul David in the cave:

Walker in the tunnel...pretending to hold his breath...funny boy:

Another attempt at all 5 on the train:

Paul David and Spence enjoying the train ride...so serious:

Once again, Paul David screamed bloody murder when it was time to exit the train. He just doesn't get it!

We didn't leave the zoo until around 3:30---a record for me at the zoo! Krystal and her boys rode home with us, and the boys played the rest of the afternoon.
Jason came after his thing was over, Paul got out of work early, and we all went to eat at Fuddrucker's. It was long day, but SO MUCH FUN! I have the best friends with the best kids!

I hope we can do it again one day!

6 comments:

Sasha said...

Wow, it seems like you had the best day! I wish I was there! All the boys are just too cute!

Mrs. H said...

I had sooooo much fun and wish soooo badly I was closer so I could meet you EVERYTIME you went to the zoo! Y'all are the best and my boys had a blast! And are worn out from their fun trip...so am I! Thanks Candice for everything!!!! We had so much fun!!!

The Pences said...

Looks like you guys had a great zoo day! I must say I'm impressed -- I'm not sure I'd have been up for a day at the zoo at 27 weeks! Go girl!

Anonymous said...

Gosh I've been wanting to go to the zoo and ride the train myself!It looks like fun!
Susanna

dorbritz said...

How fun!

thePiks said...

We had a great time also! The boys did so well together. Can't wait for the next outing. I may be retiring my zoo card really soon!